Sunday, June 15, 2008

A quick update & a funny video

I was planning to arrive to the hospital early and try to at least pick up a card & some coffee for the most amazing father & husband for Father's Day. But, my plans were thwarted when I found out after my shower this morning that Ava had been throwing up since midnight. Poor baby. This is her first sickness and I heard her throwing up with Grandma Kathy and she was saying No more and I don't want to! I called her doctor in Sacramento and they said this throwing up thing is going around and she should stop within 6-24 hours and to just give her clear fluids the rest of the day. So the post on what a great dad Dan is will have to wait, but just know that he is the only father that I see here sleeping at the bedside every single night. I think he's on Day 17 of sleeping in the hospital.

Here is a video we took of Drew high on his meds last night. He is so goofy!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Dan.....HAPPY FATHER'S DAY to the best dad ever! Your kids are very lucky to have you as a dad! And we are very lucky to have you as a nephew.
Lots of love, UT & AL

Drew and Ava's Grandma said...

Hi, Dan. We posted our Father's Day message on last night's blog, so take a look to know what your present is.

Happy Father's Day!

Steve,Anne,Rachel and Thomas

Katie Scott said...

So sad that Ava is sick. I hope she feels better soon and that nobody else gets it.

That video of Drew is so funny. It's like he is running in bed.

Dan--Happy Father's Day! Sorry you have to spend it in the hospital. Hope to see you soon...

Kathy said...

Happy Father's Day DAN!!!
It's takes a GOOD man to sleep at a hospital bedside...you and my Joe are what good dads are made of...
It just makes my eyes teary...so many kids aren't as fortunate...Drew couldn't have picked a better mom and dad (and little sister)!!!
GOOD JOB DREW!

urrghh..and that scar...I can't believe it still looks like that!! (are you still freaking out inside??)

I love the video of Drew...You'll have to show him that when he's older and you're telling him NOT to do drugs!

Hope you guys have a wonderful Sunday!! Keep hanging in there...you're almost home!!!

Lots of love,
Kathy

Matthew said...

Drew is cute on meds....i remember when we were there and a few minutes after getting them he was like "i am feeling better now"...what a courageous little guy!