Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Fever

Seriously?

Nothing throws me into a tizzy as much as when Drew has an unexplained fever.

And that's what he has today, 9 days before surgery.

This morning he told me his tummy hurt and he didn't want to eat breakfast. That didn't seem too unusual to me because he often has a tummy ache in the mornings and we always have a hard time getting him to eat breakfast. On the way to Mom Connection this morning he looked tired and almost fell asleep. Then they brought him to me because he wanted his mommy and started to cry. So he was sitting with me for a while and he felt warm so I took him home. His fever is 101.7 under his arm and he fell asleep at 10 am. The boy who does not take naps is asleep three and a half hours after he woke up. The first doctor's appointment available is not until 4:00, so we have to wait until then to figure out what is going on.

I am hoping and praying that it is something simple and easy to take care of like another ear infection, but of course my mind is running away with me and I am picturing a hospital admission and postponing surgery. I guess I'll post an update after our doctor's appointment.

6 comments:

Anne Marie said...

Andrea- I've been thinking about you so much lately, and have been saying prayers as surgery approaches. I know I get frustrated when my kids get sick for no reason and they have to miss out on something small, but for this fever to pop uo so close to something so big- I know you have got to be beyond frustrated. I hope it is something small, and Drew will feel better soon. Sending you lots of hugs and good wishes!

DeAnna said...

Ugh! I don't even know what to say! I am sorry and praying that it is something simple and doesnt mess up your surgery plans. Hang in there!

Dee

Kate said...

what dee said!

on a lighter note, the first line of your post reminded me of you and dan saying amy and seth's line from weekend update: "reeeally?"

The Portas said...

This is bringing back serious flashbacks for me!! This is what happened right before Elijah's surgery, too! Except E had a fever (and it was BAD...like 102-103-104) not even two days before the surgery took place.

Try not to worry! Nine days is PLENTY of time for this to work through his system.

I KNOW how scary and overwhelming this is, but I'm hoping you'll feel even a bit better hearing our fever story.

Hang in there! Give that boy lots of love and he'll be fine in no time.
xoxoxxo

Amber said...

Seriously, huh!? That's what happened to Logan after my MOPS meeting on Friday. It went from 101 that day to 104 through Sunday. It's finally gone now but nothing else ever popped up with it. So hopefully with 9 days to go you'll be in the clear in plenty of time. I'll be saying prayers for that!!

Jennifer Herring said...

Praying for you...
If it makes you feel any better, Donovan caught a stomach bug working in the nursery on Sunday but is pretty much over it. It started yesterday and only seemed to last about 24 hours. Hopefully Drew's will be gone just as fast!