Monday, October 20, 2008

Nut Tree

Saturday was a busy day of parties for the Himmelberger family. We started at The Nut Tree in Vacaville for our Hearts of Hope Halloween Party. All the kids dressed up and we got unlimited free rides for the whole family. We had never been before, but it was a lot of fun. It's not huge, maybe only about ten rides and some places to get food, play games, and walk around. It was very clean and not too crowded, just perfect for us! Drew and Ava dressed up as a cowboy and cowgirl and looked adorable:

The first thing we just HAD to do was go on the train ride. Drew was pulling me over to the train as I tried to have a conversation with another heart mom. It was a good first stop since we could see the layout of the park and plan out what rides we'd like to do. The train conductor took his job pretty seriously though and told us "only the conductor opens and closes the doors," and "there's no eating on the train." Which made me and Dan giggle and come up with other stuff you couldn't do on the train. Like "there's no smiling on the train," and "there's no having fun on the train." He he.

After the train was the balloon ride which both kids went on, then the carousel ride for me and Ava while Dan took Drew on the roller coaster! He was scared, but didn't cry and apparently it was his idea to go on it. I wanted to ride the roller coaster so I was bummed they went without me. I asked Drew if he'd go again with me, but he refused! There was also this emergency vehicle ride and each vehicle made it's appropriate sound. Isn't it cute that the kids picked the Coast Guard boat to ride in, since their Grandpa served in the Coast Guard?

After that it was the bumper cars (no pictures) a little walking around and then some lunch for the kids. We also had to stop in the Jelly Belly store right out side the park. Yum.

Me riding the roller coaster by myself

Drew on the balloon ride

Cowgirl Ava riding her horse

After the Nut Tree we drove 45 minutes toward home, but went straight to Drew's friend, Tommy's, birthday party. It was a halloween themed party so there were lots of fun fall crafts and even a "cake walk" where you could win books and a piece of candy. We had a lot of fun, but when we got home we were all exhausted!

Sunday morning we were in charge of bringing breakfast to our marriage class before church (we have to be there at 8:30), and snacks for the rest of the congregation. After church we went out to lunch and got home around 2. Then we heard Arianna's family was here in Sacramento, so we were able to have a short visit with them too. All my "free time" on Sunday was used to work on my "hooter hiders" and I made two with matching diaper carriers. Phew. I think I need an extra day on the weekend for relaxing.

2 comments:

The Portas said...

I know what you mean about needing an extra weekend day for just relaxation. I can't believe how much you guys did in just one weekend! Sounds like tons of fun. I'll ride on the rollercoaster with you! Fun....

Amy, Steve, Molly, Paige and Garrett said...

I was exhausted just reading this post. Sounds like a fun but crazy weekend!
Amy