Thursday, October 9, 2008

Creativity

I've been feeling kind of creative lately so I have taken up two new habits. Sewing and making hair-bows. I learned how to make nursing covers and have been very pleased with my latest results. I am considering going into business! I also tried my hand at making small diaper carriers that you can fit in your purse. I have a little more perfecting to do on those, but I'm learning.





Aside from my crafting we haven't had too much out of the ordinary going on, and I am thankful for that. I am just waiting for the the first of the cold and flu viruses to hit our family...actually the first one did already and we made it through ok. But I am nervously anticipating our yearly hospitalization...it is usually in September or October.

I am also driving myself crazy thinking about Drew going to kindergarten next year. Our school district has open enrollment, so you can apply to any school in the district and they use a lottery system to see which school you go to, unless you just want to go to your home school. So I've been researching the schools in the area trying to figure out if the benefits of going to the school within walking distance outweigh the benefits of driving Drew to a well-performing school with lots of parent participation.

The kids have been great lately (I probably just jinxed myself by saying that) and I am looking forward to lots of fall fun! This Friday I get to work in Ava's preschool class, so that should be a fun and eye-opening experience. I have been a slacker mom and haven't taken any pictures lately, so I will try to be better about that next week.

6 comments:

Kate said...

well, i think your creativity knows no bounds and so i'm glad that it has new outlets! and i LOVE that fabric on the hooter hider ;-)

Jessica said...

I think you'll do GREAT in business!
If you ever want to be a guest artisan in my shop let me know. I'd totally love it!

I also love the hooter hider fabric!

Meredith said...

I could totally use a new nursing cover for baby #2! I can't find my old one yet...must be in a box somewhere. Let me know if you want to sell one!

Katie Scott said...

hi there! I love that I get to benefit from your creativity! you are a great friend!

my mom was laughing at me the other day because I was already talking about kinder for Chloe, and she is only 9 months old!

Anonymous said...

Those are so beautiful. Good job. You are always so crafty. I have a preg friend, so how much you charging for those wraps???

Have you thought of making those baby carrier wraps? I have friend that makes great money at selling them.

Jessica said...

Yes! You should make No Tie Mei Teis. You'll make a fortune! They sell like crazy!