Thursday, January 3, 2008

Sick

We went to the doctor this morning and she said Drew's lungs sound clear. (Funny because his cough sounds awful.) She thinks he might have an ear infection now so we are getting antibiotics for that. She also said if he does have a bacterial pnuemonia the antibiotics will treat that too. When we got there this morning his fever was 102.6 and it wasn't quite time for his next dose of motrin yet. His sats were the same, around 78. We are going to continue breathing treatments every 4-6 hours around the clock, continue motrin around the clock and start the antibiotics. We are also pushing fluids and spending lots of time watching The Land Before Time. If he still has a fever tomorrow he may need to have bloodwork done and probably another chest x-ray.

While we were there I had her do an RSV test. If he has RSV I want it documented so I can raise hell with the insurance company who denied him his shots this year.

Here's a picture of my hot, red-faced little guy sitting on his couch bed with his dinos.


And a picture of Daddy reading him Franklin Goes to the Hospital at UCSF


4 comments:

Amy, Steve, Molly, Paige and Garrett said...

What a little angel! Hope he feels better soon! And hope Mommy and Daddy can get a break! Let me know if there's anything we can do!

Gina and the Gang said...

I'm sorry to hear there hasn't been improvement since yesterday. Good job for requesting an RSV test. I hope he turns the corner soon. We'll miss you on Saturday!

Gina

Kristina said...

Your honesty, vulnerability, and strength truly inspires me!! YOU are my example of what faith is right now. YOU are what gets me through a day like today that does not even compare to yours. YOU I am truly grateful for. Please Please let me know if I can do anything. I am down with laundry, dishes, a shoulder to scream or cry on, anything.
Kristina

Jessica said...

Oh hon!
Here's hoping he doesn't have RSV, though it would be satisfying to rip apart the insurance company!
I wish I could be closer to help out. Though my sickies would likely be banned for life from even talking to Drew through double paned glass! :)