Thursday, March 22, 2007

Heart Catheterization Scheduled

Yesterday, while I was waiting for the results of the chest x-ray at the doctor's office UCSF called to schedule our cath. We were hoping for April, but it looks like we will have our appointment on May 1. We will not be the first case of the day, which means we will likely spend the night there. I have a slight fear that they will do the cath and want to do surgery immediately and so I was hoping to avoid having the appointment so close to Ava's first birthday. My fear is not unfounded, that's what happened with his second open-heart surgery. We went in on a Tuesday, came home and got a call on Wednesday asking us to be back at UCSF Thursday morning for pre-op. I don't really think that will happen this time, but I am trying to accept the possibility. If he needs surgery right away, then he needs surgery right away and that's that. It is starting to seem so real now. I guess we're on our way.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thinking of you sweetie! Let me know what I can do to help.....SF is not that far.....

Valerie Boesen