Saturday, April 12, 2008

Weekend Fun

Today I had a pretty mellow morning with the kids, just hanging out at home. Ava has a little cold so we couldn't go to the gym. :( But I did manage to get them dressed and to the toy store to buy some more sand and sand toys for our sand and water table. The weather was so warm today (88 degrees!) that we needed something fun and wet to do. They helped me clean the table since it had been out of use since last summer then we filled it with water and sand. They had a lot of fun, but made a big mess! Unfortunately I didn't get any pictures of them playing with the table, but Dan did get some of the aftermath.


The kids were so cute this morning. While they were eating their snack they sat side-by-side on the couch with their arms around each other. I had to seize the opportunity and snap a picture. It's not often that they enjoy each other's company long enough for me to get my camera out! Also, when I was holding Ava this morning because she wasn't feeling good Drew came over and gave her a hug and said "I'm sorry you're sick. Can I pray for her?" I told him I thought that was a good idea and he folded his little hands and said "Dear God, Thank you for Ava and please make her better. Amen!" Melted my heart!

7 comments:

Katie Scott said...

How cute! Drew has the best little heart. I love how caring he is. I hope that Ava feels better soon!!

Kathy said...

what sweeties!!!
Oh..that deserves a toy...go out NOW and but them something for being SO sweet!!!
cute picture!!
I hope Ava starts feeling better soon too...the weather is too beautiful to be sick inside!

The Portas said...

I love the picture! They both look so carefree and genuinely happy. That'll be one to frame.

I hope Ava feels better and you can enjoy some nice weather.

Take care!

DeAnna said...

HOW CUTE!!

Meredith said...

Drew is such a great big brother!! And I am so jealous of the great weather...it is 40 degrees in Ohio. We have the heat on! Ugh...

Unknown said...

Oh how adorable! They are just so precious I wish I could pick them up and eat them! :)

Drew is such a compassionate little boy and that is a great quality...that not alot of men have. You sure are raising a wonderful kid...well, two wonderful kids!

I hope Ava feels better soon.

Anonymous said...

Sweet Sweet Sweet!!