Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Valentine's Day 2010

Wow. It's been more than a month since I've updated! I am quite possibly the worst blogger ever! I still plan to print the blog into books for my kids, so I will be making an effort to get it up to date! Bear with me, I will try to be better!

Outside UCDMC with 100 heart balloons

This year we were excited to have the women's group from church join us again for our family's annual Valentine Balloon Event at the hospital. We had about 10 women from church, plus our family and Grandma Kathy putting the treats together in the conference room and then taking turns making the deliveries to the different units in the hospital. We also brought some fun crafts for the kids to do in the playroom and we had a few volunteers in there helping the kids. My heart mom friend, Gina, joined us and we both shared our stories with the group. It was another meaningful day and I am so glad that we get to spend this day spreading love and cheer at the Children's Hospital. We were able to bring balloons to over 80 children that were on the pediatric floor, in the PICU or in the NICU. The NICU staff was especially excited and thankful for our visit. I got to catch up with a couple of nurses who took care of Drew when he was there 6 years ago. I can't believe it was that long ago already. I wish someone could have told me what life would be like now when we were weary from spending so many days there back in 2004. What a blessing that we now have a healthy, energetic and sweet son! God is good.

Just me being silly with some balloons

Some awesome Valentine helpers

Ava, Drew, Dan and Grandma Kathy are helping

Some of the ladies filling up the bags with treats, which were then tied to the baloons as a weight

Ava was having a "moment" so this is our family photo

Ready to deliver!

1 comment:

The Portas said...

Looks like a great event! I love the sassy photo of you holding the balloons. I think I said this on FB already, but now I know where Ava gets it! :)