Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Cardiology Check up

Drew had his cardiology check up on Wednesday. It’s been six months since we’ve seen Dr. P and even though I had no reason to think anything was wrong, I began to feel anxious right before Drew’s appointment. Gosh, I wish that would stop!

Anyway, Drew had a fabulous appointment! While the nurse was checking his vitals I saw the 100% oxygen saturation and got a little teary. I still can’t believe that he has normal oxygenation now! What an amazing blessing!


He had an EKG and did great for it. It used to be one of the hardest parts of the visit because he hated all the stickers they put on him. But now he’s such a big boy, he doesn’t seem to mind it. When Dr. P came in he did a quick exam and asked if I had any questions. I didn’t and so that was pretty much the appointment. I told Dr. P that these appointments are kind of boring now! There is no medication list to update, no pressing questions about blue fingertips or lips, and nothing out of the ordinary to report. Dr. P said he preferred boring appointments and I do too! No echo this time, but when we go back in six months Drew will have one then. Until then we are free to enjoy our healthy boy!

Drew getting a little homework done before his appiontment

No comments: