Friday, August 22, 2008

California State Fair


Yesterday was Fun for All Day at the State Fair. That meant that our group, Hearts of Hope, got free admission, free ride wristbands and early admission. A big group of us met down there, got a group photo in, and then we were off! It wasn't as hot as it normally is in August, but it was still pretty warm! We had only planned to stay for a few hours, because I am NOT a crowd person, especially with what I like to call "fair people." So we made sure to visit the baby animals, then the bigger animals, hit up the petting zoo, grab some fair food and go on a few rides. When all that was done it was about 2:00 and we used ice cream to bribe the kids to leave the fair. Four hours is just the right amount of time to spend at the fair and we had a very fun day!

Drew with a brand new baby cow

Ava petting a baby pig

Drew with a goat and a deer in the petting zoo. They kept trying to eat our shirts!

Mommy and Ava on the balloon ride

Daddy and Drew on the balloon ride

Drew sliding down off of Adventure Island

Enjoying some gelato on the way out!

8 comments:

Katie Scott said...

looks like you had fun day!

Kate said...

"fair people" *snort* you're a snob and that's why i can relate to you :-D

Amy, Steve, Molly, Paige and Garrett said...

Alright... now I'm craving gelato. Thanks alot... :)
Amy

Kathy said...

It looks like you guys had a great time!!! What?? You're not "fair" people!!??

That's too funny!!!
The kids look great...hug them for us!
kathy

my life: said...

I want to join your heart group....I'm jealous!
I had to say, thank you for your comment....the wrestling with Jesus..made me laugh out loud!!!!

Paige said...

I can't wait to visit the fair, I missed it last year. "fair people" makes me think of that comedian Jeff Foxworthy or Bill Engval... one of them does a hilarous commentary of going to the state fair... you guys look great!

The Portas said...

Drew looks so darn cute in his little hat. I want to squeeze that boy!!!

I'm glad you guys had a fun time. I do not like crowds, either. But I love our state fair because they have so much yummy food! Every year we go on the least populated day (historically) and chow down. :)

Thanks for the pics! Your kids are just the cutest. xoxoxo

Unknown said...

How fun! Looks like you all had a wonderful time. Did you coordinate the zoo passes for your group? I'm just curious cause that is something I want to do for our support group.

I am not a crowd person either so it will be a challange next year.

I love the pictures!