Some highlights from the trip:
- A gift bag from our mutual friend Kacie--it was filled with magazines and candy and we opened and took a bite of everything in that bag!
- The bag also came in handy during our cab ride from the airport to the hotel. Suffice it to say that gift bags also double as barf bags in a pinch. (thank you Kacie!)
- Bus tour of the city where we were so tired we took turns falling asleep on the top deck of the bus.
- While waiting in line to see Regis and Kelly we saw Howard Stern walking his dog. Which was nice since we didn't get to see Kelly and Donald Trump (guest host) despite waiting in line for hours.
- Taking the Staten Island Ferry (its free and no line) to see the Stature of Liberty and Ellis Island
- View of the city from the Top of the Rock
- We all had to buy short sleeved shirts. We packed sweaters and scarves but the weather was in the 70s and 80s
- We were always running! On the way to see Chorus Line one friend fell and on the way to see Rent I got my heel stuck in a grate!
- Eating hot fudge sundaes and frozen hot chocolate at Serendipity
- Singing karaoke with Tyra at the Spotlight in Times Square (yes, Tyra Banks!)
- Visiting Ground Zero and the 9/11 Memorial Gallery
- Buying bagels, hotdogs, pretzels and hot nuts from the street vendors
- Delicious dinner & frozen cosmos at Carmine's
- Dancing in front of our hotel (The Doubletree Times Square) at 3 am
- Carriage ride in Central Park
- Foot massages while waiting at the airport
It was chilly on the top of the bus
Outside a Flower Shop
Statue of Liberty
Buying a hot dog from this friendly street vendor
That's Tyra and Benny Medina singing at the Spotlight!
That's us being broadcast live on Times Square
Frozen Cosmos at Carmine's
Andrea in Central Park