Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Heart Catheterization Postponed

Drew has an ear infection. He is on antibiotics and we thought they may choose to do the cath anyway since it is not an URI. But we chatted with Dr. Parrish this morning, and they would like to postpone the cath for at least two weeks, so that Drew can completely heal from his sickness. There are two reasons for this.
1. We don't want to stress his system further when it is already stressed due to illness
2. Being sick might interfere with the very measurements they are looking for during the cath.

We have not rescheduled the cath yet, but it's looking like it will be January. I am feeling kind of ambivalent about the postponement. I guess it is for the best if he is not feeling well, and I am still recovering from my stomach virus, and it looks like Ava may be coming down with something as well. But its kind of hard to get prepared for the procedure and then have to wait, knowing that we'll have to get ourselves prepared all over again.

Thanks for thinking of us and praying for us and we'll let you know once it's rescheduled.


irene said...

Thanks for the update- I will continue to pray for Drew- both for his ears and for the cath proceedure that will be rescheduled. Meanwhile, get healthy and enjoy the holidays!
Hugs, Irene

Isabelle's Mommy said...

What a week! Lots of ups and downs, I am praying for you and everyone in your family! Let me know if I can help, I can make you a yummy dinner if that helps. Get well! Love, Dee

Molly said...

Hey Andrea... I've been watching your blog anxiously waiting for news. I'm not sure if that was the news you wanted. But thank God the medical team is being careful and prudent. I'll continue to pray! God's watching out for you guys!

rose said...

hey sister. i'm sorry it's not the plan you expected but you know it's for good reason. trust your Heavenly Father and put your burdens at His feet.
love you, love your family,

Anonymous said...

Love you all!

Erika said...

Thinking of you, mama. *hug*