Thursday, January 13, 2011

2024



I can’t believe it. I registered my baby for kindergarten. My last baby. I seriously can’t believe how fast the time has gone by. It was just yesterday that we brought this precious bundle home from the hospital. How could she possibly be starting kindergarten?! She is excited to start school though and I know she will love kindergarten! She is such a precocious learner! She is already reading and doing simple math. She is an amazing artist and just loves soaking up new facts. She often tells me little factoids at dinner time-like “did you know that some bats eat mango and some eat insects?” or “snakes eat rats without even chewing and then they take a rest.” I don’t know what I’m going to do with myself next year, when I am the mother of two school age children.

As I looked over the paperwork at the registration office I noticed that they have Ava listed as the Class of 2024. I remarked to the woman helping me, “Wow 2024! That’s hard to believe.” And she said “2024 will be here before you know it.”

 I suppose it will…

1 comment:

Kate said...

That sounds so weird and futuristic!