Saturday, December 4, 2010

MLH Holiday Party

The first weekend of December was our Mended Little Hearts holiday party. This is the first year that I have been in charge of planning the entire event and I could not have done it without the help of some very special people. My leadership team, Carey and Gina, have been wonderful to work with! We planned the party for Saturday December 3 from 4-7 pm. We thought that would be a good time for the kids-not so late for them, but still early enough that parents could go out if they had another party to get to. We held the event at Sutter Memorial on the 7th floor. One room was for our catered dinner and slide show, the other was for our craft tables, dessert and photos with Santa.

I think everyone had a great time. I was pleased with our turnout and that everything went so smoothly. The kids got to decorate sugar cookies, make foam picture frames and color holiday pictures. They were also all very excited to see Santa and my cousin volunteered his time to take photos of the kids with the Big Guy. Dinner was donated by Tres Hermanas in Davis, and it was so good! It was great to see so many families and so many heart children doing well. It’s always heartwarming to see these special children and their families. Even thought it is a lot of work, I love being the coordinator of MLH and am so glad that I can provide some support and hope to other families touched by congenital heart defects.

Decorating cookies
 
Craft Table
 
Coloring
 
The yummy food
 
Visiting with Santa
 
My friends Chuck and Debbe serving dessert
 
MLH Leadership team-Carey, me and Gina

No comments: