Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Guess What?


Today, when I went to pick Ava up from preschool she ran towards me with the biggest smile on her face.

"Guess what I have in my pocket?!" she asked me.

And before I could venture a guess, she thrust her hand into her pocket then held it out for me to see.

"Worms!"

Seriously? You seriously have worms in your pocket?

Then the teacher came up to me and said, "She was so excited, we didn't want to discourage her." So they let her put five worms in her dress pocket. Ew.

I asked for a cup and we transported the worms home that way. Ava reported from the back seat that they were "resting." I believe they will remain in a continuous state of rest, if you know what I mean.

8 comments:

Frizzy said...

I'll take the running excited look any day. The worms...not so much. LOL Hugs friend.

DeAnna said...

That's awesome!! Cracked me up!!

Laura said...

my uncle used to keep catepillars in his pockets. he thought they were "kitties". my grandma would have to dig out squished kitties from gary's jeans all the time. kids totally rule. :)

Anonymous said...

I love it!! Did you purell her as soon as you got home? Man oh man is she my kind of girl. I would love a kid that put worms in her dress pocket. Tommy won't even do that.
Totally cracked me up!!
Kristina

Anonymous said...

I have a very restful slug in a ziploc container in my kitchen right now-so I totally get it. Eeew.

Drew and Ava's Grandma said...

You mean the worms didn't make it?

The Portas said...

Oh my, how funny!! This is something that would freak me out. I've never had a fondness for creepy crawly creatures. How sweet of Ava to look after the wormies and let them rest on the drive home. :) Thanks for the laugh!!

Kate said...

i love it! spiders and bats and worms, i wonder if she'll still love this stuff as she gets older...

and laura's uncle gary is so cute, with his kitties!