Friday, February 23, 2007

Happy Birthday!

Today was my 29th birthday. Guess how I celebrated…Yep, that’s right, I co-hosted a birthday party for four boys turning 3 in February. I have to admit, I was convinced that the party would be chaotic at best and downright violent at worst. But, I was pleasantly surprised. The party was great! It was a Cars theme so we brought play mats and cars to play with inside, a Cars piñata, a license plate craft, and of course Cars cupcakes. We only had about 12 kids (a lower turnout than we expected due to some nasty viruses going around), and everyone got along. The weather was great and the kids were able to play red light/green light outside. Hooray! If it’s going to be that easy maybe we should plan this every year!

Of course, I still wanted to have some sort of adult celebration for MY birthday. So after a brief rest we got ready and went out to dinner with some friends sans children. We went to Mikuni’s, my favorite sushi spot and ate yummy food. There also may have been some sake bombs involved. We had a great time and I even got to spin the wheel. I won a cute Mikuni’s T-shirt. And then, we ran into Downtown James Brown while walking over to the Streets of London. He gave us some pretty decent impressions of James Brown, Al Green, Prince and Michael Jackson for the spare change we had on us. What an awesome birthday!





The kids working on the pinata

Getting ready for some red light/green light


My cool Cars cupcakes-McQueen even lights up!

The adult birthday party


Spinning the wheel for my 29th birthday

No comments: